THE PRIORY CHURCH OF ST DOMINIC
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
“Ubi Petrus ibi ecclesia, et ibi ecclesia vita eterna”
Where there is Peter there is the Church, where there is the Church there is life eternal (St. Ambrose of Milan)
Parish Priest –Fr John Patrick Kenrick OP, Tel: 0191 232 5939;
Fr Colin Carr OP tel;222 1960 or 07788867121; Fr Dominic White OP (0191)2617632. You can find us at 41A Red Barns, NE1 2TP.
St. Dominic taught”Arm yourself with prayer rather than a sword; wear humility rather than fine clothes.”
St. Dominic’s Priory Catholic Church is situated in the Ouseburn-Shieldfield arts and student quarter, taking in also the Quayside. In addition to our regular service times, we are OPEN on Wednesdays (2pm until 5pm) and Fridays (12 midday until 5pm). This is also a time of Adoration, with Rosary at 3pm.
Founded in 1873 to serve what was then an impoverished industrial quarter, St. Dominic’s rapidly gained an outreach across the North-East. Today our church gathers a congregation from all over Newcastle. We are commited to being a place of welcome and sanctuary for our neighbourhood’s residents and visitors alike, and as part of this we are a church for the arts. We put on regular film evenings in collaboration with The Holy Biscuit arts hub, and work with a number of artists, both professionals and students.